Malacañang Palace, the seat of the Philippine national government, released the list of regular and special non-working holidays for 2013. The list below was based on Proclamation 459, signed by President Benigno Aquino III.
- Jan. 1, New Year's Day (Tuesday)
- March 28, Maundy Thursday
- March 29, Good Friday
- April 9, Araw ng Kagitingan (Tuesday)
- May 1, Labor Day (Wednesday)
- June 12, Independence Day (Wednesday)
- Aug. 26, National Heroes' Day (last Monday of August)
- Nov. 30, Bonifacio Day (Saturday)
- Dec. 25, Christmas Day (Wednesday)
- Dec. 30, Rizal Day (Monday)
Special Non-working Holidays
- March 30, Black Saturday
- Aug. 21, Ninoy Aquino Day (Wednesday)
- Nov. 1, All Saints' Day (Friday)
- Nov. 2, All Souls' Day (Saturday)
- Dec. 24, day before Christmas (Tuesday)
- Dec. 31, New Year's Eve (Tuesday)
- Feb. 25, the EDSA Revolution anniversary - Special holiday for all schools.
- To be announced, Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha - The dates will depend on the Islamic calendar (Hijra), the lunar calendar, or on Islamic astronomical calculations.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.